MAKE YOUR OWN GRANOLA
If you are in a hurry in the morning but you still want to have a healthy, tasty and satisfying breakfast, try this homemade granola. Make a big batch and store it in your granola box.
Time: 10 minutes to prepare / 2 x 25 minutes baking
Quantity: Around 1000 g
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 700 g oats
- 100 g almonds / cashews / pecans / walnuts
- 100 g pumpking seeds / sunflower seeds
- 2 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 2 1/2 tsp grounded vanille
- 1 tsp raw cacao powder
- 80 g chia seeds
- 70 g coconut flakes
- a pinch of salt
- 85 ml olive oil
- 100 g agave syrup
HOW TO DO IT:
1. Pre heat your oven to 130 °C fan or 150 °C top and bottom heat.
2. Mix all the ingredients in a big bowl. Stir well.
3. Place everything on a backing tray with a backing paper in between. Place the tray in the middle of the oven and let it bake for 25 minutes.
4. When the time is up (25 minutes), take out the tray, stir everything once more and place the tray back in the middle of the oven for another 25 minutes.
5. Then take it out and let it cool off. This is very important for the granola to become very crunchy. Once your granola is crunchy and has cooled down, store it in a jar or box.
Enjoy your granola with any plant based milk or yogurt and top it off with one fresh fruit of your choice. (The ayurvedic kitchen suggests to only eat one fresh fruit at the time).