Golden milk is the THE ayurvedic drink. It can help your digestion, circulation, keeps you warm and makes you happy. Real magic! You can either drink it in the morning, instead of coffee, in the afternoon as a “pick me up” drink or before bed as a late evening treat.
Time: 10-15 minutes
Quantity: 1 cup
What you need:
- 250 ml almond milk (plus 60 ml water to simmer)
- 3 cardamom seeds, cracked (or grounded cardamom)
- ½ tsp grounded turmeric
- 2,5 cm fresh ginger
- ½ tsp grounded cinnamon
- ¼ tsp grounded black pepper
- Some jaggery or maple syrup to sweeten
How to prepare:
- Place the milk in a pot and add the water.
- Add all the spices and let it gently simmer for about 10 to 15 min.
- If needed, add some more water or milk
- Styr the sweetener to taste
- Serve hot with some cinnamon on top.